PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen is in no rush to complete his proposed move to Norwich City.
The 27-year-old looks set to leave the Philips Stadion, with technical director Marcel Brands having stated in June that a fee had been agreed between the clubs.
However, the Sweden international is keeping his options open and will not hurry into any decision on his next destination.
“I did not say definitively it (Norwich) was no longer an option,” he told VI.
“I want to take my time, I do not hurry.”
While Toivonen does not look likely to figure in PSV manager Phillip Cocu’s first-team plans, the Dutchman said an agreement will be reached if he does not secure a move away.
“If, at the end of the transfer window, Toivonen is still here, we will get back around the table,” Cocu stated.
“(But) the market is still open for a month. We will wait and see what happens.”
Toivonen was an unused substitute in PSV’s 2-0 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round first-leg win over Zulte Waregem on Tuesday.