Friday, August 14, 2020

Chelsea boss rules out Luiz move

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti insists he will not be making a move for Benfica defender David Luiz.

Luiz has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge following Ricardo Carvalho’s move from Chelsea to Real Madrid earlier this week.

“Everyone was disappointed about Carvalho leaving because he had six very good years with this club and did a fantastic job last year,” said Ancelotti.

“But his desire was to leave this club, to try a new emotion and new experience.

“And we have in our academy a fantastic centre-back (Bruma) and we want to give him more possibility to play.

“I didn’t try to persuade Riccy to stay because that was a decision that he took at the end of the last year.

“The last game of the last year, he said to me that he would like to leave this club and for this reason, he went to Real Madrid.

“Am I after David Luiz? No. We have Terry, Ivanovic, Alex and Bruma, so we are OK. And I won’t go into the market for a central defender.”

[Source: The Sun]

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hakon Hoyland


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top