Saturday, January 29, 2022

Newcastle bid for defender Coloccini accepted

SoccerNews in English Premier League, La Liga 7 Aug 2008

50 Views

English Premiership outfit Newcastle United have had their bid for Deportivo La Coruna's Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini accepted, the Spanish club said overnight Wednesday on its website on Thursday.

A statement on Depor's official website, www.canaldeportivo.com, said the two clubs “reached a verbal agreement last week and a deal was confirmed in writing today.”

Deportivo say they expect the final fee would be in the region of 10 million pounds (13 million euros).

The 26-year-old arrived at Deportivo in January 2005 for three million euros from AC Milan and has since established himself as a solid presence in the club's back four.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top
1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x