Best Odds: 14/5
AC Milan’s place in Europe is secure for next season, but that doesn’t mean that Fiorentina are going to give up hope. These two sides are going to give it everything they’ve got at the San Siro, and who can blame them? Neither have really been able to thrive in the league this season, but they could make a real statement with a win this weekend.
The fall of AC Milan hasn’t been exaggerated, as the club have gone from regular European Cup contenders to being lucky to qualify for the Europa League. The fall of their stock was defined perfectly by their poor performance against Arsenal earlier this season, and now, they’ve got something to prove against Fiorentina. If they can hold off Atalanta in 7th, then a top six finish will be seen as something to build on for next season.
Andrea Conti is still out for AC Milan.
Fiorentina were once considered to be the rising stars of European football alongside the likes of Manchester City, but in the last few years, things have died down just a bit. Now, they find themselves on the cup of missing out on the Europa League, which is a position that’ll feel all too familiar. They’ve got the infrastructure necessary to do more, but they need a big win this weekend.
Fiorentina have no fresh injury concerns.
Factors to Consider
- AC Milan have only lost two of their last 19 league games.
- The two teams have split their last six meetings with two wins each and two draws.
- Milan are aiming to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League as opposed to the qualifying rounds.
- Fiorentina have scored 53 league goals this season, whereas Milan have scored 51.
- AC Milan have conceded 41 league goals, and Fiorentina have conceded the same.
Drama is never something that seems to be in short supply with these two sides, and given the tendency for final day games to end in a goalfest, we’re predicting a somewhat optimistic 2-2 draw.
Best Odds: 14/5
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!