Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti says Casemiro has informed the club of his wish to continue his career elsewhere amid reports of an agreement with Manchester United being close. The Italian tactician has also confirmed that the talks about the potential departure of the Brazil international are in progress.
United’s pursuit of a top-level midfielder this summer has been fruitless so far, with their attempts to sign Frenkie de Jong from Barcelona and Adrien Rabiot from Juventus both gone downhill. However, signing a player of Casemiro’s pedigree would certainly make up for those failures.
The deal that would see the 30-year-old swap Santiago Bernabeu for Old Trafford should reportedly be worth €60 million plus €10m more through add-ons.
“We’ve spoken this morning,” Ancelotti said on Friday, as quoted by The Times journalist Tom Allnutt. “He wants to try a new challenge, a new opportunity. I understand this, also the club does.”
“Because of what he’s done for this club and for this team, we need to be respectful of this. There are negotiations between the clubs. He is still a Real Madrid player but it looks like now he is willing to depart.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!