Arsenal continue their rejuvenation under Mikel Arteta, but a striker is becoming a positional need.
After his relationship with Arteta soured, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang left for Barcelona during the January transfer window and has found verve under Xavi.
Although Alexandre Lacazette has been a compatible fit for Arsenal, he and Eddie Nketiah are out of contract at the end of the season, and the Gunners may look to Old Trafford.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL TO MOVE FOR RASHFORD
Arsenal are preparing an approach for Manchester United star Marcus Rashford in an attempt to bolster their stocks up front, according to The Mirror.
The Gunners were linked with a number of forwards during January, including Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Real Sociedad’s Alexander Isak, but it appears Rashford’s status at Old Trafford has shifted following United’s Champions League exit.
The 24-year-old has one year plus an option for a further season on his current deal, but appears to be a peripheral figure under interim boss Ralf Rangnick.
Rashford has made just 10 starts in the Premier League this season and scored only five goals across all competitions.
— Marcus Rashford MBE (@MarcusRashford) March 25, 2022
– Manchester City and Real Madrid are in best position to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland, but the 21-year-old has rejected City’s first offer, AS reports.
– Barcelona could offer versatile defender Oscar Mingueza as part of a package to land Leeds United winger Raphinha, Sport has reported.
– Juventus have shown their interest in Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger as they aim to replace Giorgio Chiellini, according to The Sun.
– The Daily Mail are reporting that Inter are keen to sign Juve’s Paulo Dybala, who will be out of contract at the end of the season and is not having his deal renewed.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!