Liverpool are reportedly keeping a close eye on Chelsea’s Mason Mount as negotiations for a contract extension continue to stall.
Mount, 24, has been with Chelsea since he was six years old, racking up 190 appearances and 33 goals for the club since breaking into the first team for the 2019-20 season.
An England regular with 36 international caps, Mount is a crucial part of Chelsea’s midfield options, although his minutes have been far less secure under Graham Potter than previous managers.
Of his 19 Premier League starts this campaign, Mount has been subbed off 12 times, and the club are reportedly hesitant to meet his contract demands.
TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL MONITOR MOUNT AS HIS CONTRACT WINDS DOWN
Mount only has one more season remaining on his deal before he will be able to leave on a free transfer, and the Daily Mail is reporting Liverpool are hovering for an opportunity to pry him away.
The report claims Mount is aiming to triple his current £80,000-per-week wages, which would bring him in line with recent transfer acquisitions, as well as 23-year-old team-mate Reece James, who was rewarded with a £250,000-per-week deal in September.
If Chelsea are not able to lock up their talented midfielder by the end of the season, they will likely be forced into a sale.
– According to 90min, Manchester City have renewed their interest in 24-year-old West Ham midfielder Declan Rice as they plan a midfield rebuild.
– The Evening Standard is reporting Chelsea and Juventus have mutual interest in converting Denis Zakaria‘s loan move into a permanent deal, with an optional buy-clause set at £27m (€30m).
– Aston Villa will try to sign 25-year-old Roma striker Tammy Abraham at the end of the season, who is believed to be valued around £40m (€44m), per 90min.
– Footmercato is reporting Paris Saint-Germain have been in contact with Roma boss Jose Mourinho about potentially taking over from Christophe Galtier, although the French giants prefer Zinedine Zidane.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.
You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.