Memphis Depay has been linked with a move away from Barcelona, having had a frustrating 2022-23 season.
The Dutchman has only made a handful of appearances for the Blaugrana, following an off-season of busy transfer activity at Camp Nou.
Depay had been linked with several clubs, including Premier League outfits Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle United and Tottenham.
TOP STORY – MEMPHIS TO EXIT BARCELONA FOR ATLETICO
Depay will leave Barcelona to join Atletico Madrid with an agreement reached on a fee of approximately €3-4million, reports Fabrizio Romano.
The Dutch forward is set to travel to Madrid to complete the formalities and medicals soon.
According to Romano, the 28-year-old will sign a two-and-a-half-year deal with Atleti.
Memphis Depay to Atlético Madrid, here we go! Agreement sealed on fee around €3/4m to Barcelona, Depay is set to travel to Madrid for medicals soon #Atléti
Memphis will sign a contract valid until June 2028. pic.twitter.com/NvkEp4AD9N
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 18, 2023
– Fabrizio Romano claims Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer will undergo medical tests with Bayern Munich on Thursday, before signing his contract with the Bavarians with the deal done between the clubs.
– Sky Sport Italia claims Roma are willing to sell Nicolo Zaniolo in January at the right price, approximately €40m, as the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham United and Borussia Dortmund circle.
– Real Madrid are interested in Manchester United‘s Alejandro Garnacho but the Red Devils have made an improved contract offer for the Argentinian, reports The Independent.
– Arsenal are happy to wait until the end of the season to pursue West Ham’s Declan Rice, after missing out on Mykhaylo Mudryk, claims The Sun.
– Tottenham have made a first bid for Sporting right-back Pedro Porro, which included a player plus guaranteed money, but the Portuguese club have turned this down, according to Fabrizio Romano. Sporting want €45m (£39m) with talks ongoing.
– Chris Wood is on the cusp of joining Nottingham Forest on loan from Newcastle United, reports The Athletic. The deal would include an option to make the move permanent.
– West Ham tabled an offer for Aston Villa forward Danny Ings, reports The Telegraph.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!