Real Madrid are reportedly close to agreeing a deal with David Alaba, while Manchester United are expecting the asking price for Jadon Sancho to drop.
Alaba, 28, is set to leave Bayern Munich with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
The defender is free to speak to other clubs, and Madrid are making their move.
TOP STORY – MADRID CLOSE TO ALABA SIGNING
Real Madrid are close to landing Bayern Munich defender Alaba on a four-year deal, according to Marca.
— MARCA (@marca) January 1, 2021
Alaba is likely to have offers from multiple clubs after establishing himself as one of Europe’s leading defenders.
The Austria international has won nine Bundesliga titles and two Champions Leagues among numerous other trophies with Bayern.
– With Jadon Sancho yet to hit top form for Borussia Dortmund this season, Manchester United may be able to land the attacker later this year. 90min reports United believe they can land Sancho for less than £100million (€112.7m) after not meeting Dortmund’s valuation of £107m (€120m) in the close season.
– Lionel Messi‘s future remains a major talking point. Sport reports the Barcelona star – who is out of contract at the end of the campaign – will wait until the end of the season to decide between the LaLiga giants, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and MLS.
Leo Messi entra en los últimos seis meses de contrato lo que le permite firmar por otro clubhttps://t.co/Jd9GfTxqQo
— Diario SPORT (@sport) January 1, 2021
– Real Madrid are apparently eyeing a replacement for Marcelo. AS reports the LaLiga giants are tracking Sporting CP left-back Nuno Mendes, who is also linked to Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus and PSG.
– Liverpool are also linked with centre-backs after long-term injuries to Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, while potential exits have been mentioned. However, the Liverpool Echo reports the Premier League giants are not expecting any senior departures in January, which would mean Xherdan Shaqiri and Divock Origi remain despite speculation over their futures.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!